Previously Treated Hair
A lot of our customers ask us about using the BodipHier on previously treated hair, so we thought it made sense for us to put up a page to answer questions about chemically treated hair.
Since the BodipHier relaxes hair and adds body without the use of harsh chemicals like lye, it CAN be used on hair that has been chemically treated provided that the damage to the hair has not dried or weakened it extensively.
For people who have colored their hair, the BodipHier will not lift or change the color. It will not cast a yellowish or greenish tint to gray hair.
You can use the BodipHier over hair that has been relaxed with Copa products, sodium, calcium or lithium hydroxide relaxers — in fact, the BodipHier is compatible with all relaxers. When applied as a retouch or new growth application the BodipHier will not over-process previously relaxed hair. The BodipHier is not recommended for use over the Curls or Thio based products. These products dry hair out and require moisture or the hair will break.
In addition, you can use a relaxer over hair that has BodipHier in it because the BodipHier does not harm or dry your hair.
The ingredients for the BodipHier are designed to soften and hydrate the hair, rather than dry it. Here is a breakdown of the ingredients used in the BodipHier:
- Purified Alkaline Water - Softens and penetrates hair shaft.
- 100% Natural Soda Ash & Minerals - Raises the pH of water and softens the internal bonds of hair.
- 100% Natural Citric - Curls hair. Helps hair maintain its texture and elasticity.
- 100% Natural Menthol - Opens pores of hair.
- Cetyl Wax, Emulsifying Wax, Petrolatum, & Mineral Oil - Non toxic, non-chemical oils to make up base and consistency of product.
- Lanotrol - Makes the product smooth and thick
- Volpo 10 - Keeps the product smooth.
- Methyl Paraben & Propyl Paraben - Kills germs & bacteria.
- 100% Natural Protein Powder -Strengthens hair.
- 100% Natural Shea Butter, Natural Protein Oil & Soy Bean Oil - Adds vitamins, moisturizes, conditions and adds sheen to hair.
- Fragrance - Makes the smell of the product more appealing.
Remember that the BodipHier will not make your hair perfectly straight — it straightens about 85% straight for virgin or very course hair and will make normal hair 90% straight. A BodipHier permanently softens hair. You must do a retouch or new growth application in 4–6 weeks. You can actually apply the BodipHier to your entire hair again if it did not sufficiently straighten it, without any adverse affects! With the BodipHier, you can achieve any style, including sets and wraps, which can be done with a traditional relaxer.